Whether you’re building a full timber frame or a hybrid (partial timber frame), enclosing timber frames with SIPs is the perfect fit for your project. Our SIPs are high performance building panels made with an expanded polystyrene (EPS) rigid foam core sandwiched between two structural skins of 7/16″ oriented strand board (OSB) used in floors, walls and roofs.
Enercepts standard 6″ SIP wall has an R-24.87 value and we additionally offer R-40 or
R-50 panels for your roof. Each and every panel is custom manufactured to fit on your timber frame. Each panel comes with our standard features including:
- Enercept installs electrical chases at the factory and has developed an easy to follow electrical guide for your electrician.
- Enercept factory-installs electrical wiring in our SIP roof panels (when allowed by local code).
- Enercept’s unique 4-foot line panel press can accommodate panel core thickness from 1″ to 16″.
- Enercept is known in the SIP industry for our ability to produce panels for even the most difficult designs. We employ an experienced drafting team to assist you with SIP design questions.
- Enercept can provide an on-site training technician for first-time builders to ensure quality construction and minimize the learning curve. A detailed Construction Guide, Electrical Guide and durable panel layouts are issued with every project.
- All of these unique features will save you money when it comes to the cost of finishing your timber frame home. From concept to completion, Enercept will provide you the best panel wrap for your timber frame home.
Enercept Structural Insulated Panels are the superior way to enclose your timbers:
- They attach to the outside of the timbers, so the full beauty of the timbers is displayed inside
- They are an air-tight, super-insulated enclosure that will protect your timbers, and save you 40% or more on annual heating and cooling costs
- They are quickly installed and will protect your timbers from sun, wind and rain damage during the construction phase